Nouriel Roubini was featured on BNN’s Squeeze Play today, you need to check it out for yourself on BNN. Amanda Lang and Kevin O’Leary are not only probably the most entertaining talking financial heads out there, but they really do know what they’re talking about – you’re truly missing out if you don’t tune in to them regularly. I think they both deserve some broadcast journalism awards of some sort.
Basically, Roubini said today that he thinks the US is entering what will be about a 24-month recession that will be “twice as deep and protracted” as the last one.
Kevin O’Leary retorts back at Roubini, saying that “You are one negative dude. I listen to you and I want to go home and slit my wrists.” You have to understand how bullish O’Leary always is, having such great faith in the markets bouncing up as soon as all the chaff is cleared away. O’Leary jokes that he’s never seen this much money being poured into the markets “and I’ve been around for 150 years.” Roubini doesn’t so much as smirk! He is a bit humourless, perhaps.
“Unfortunately, the recession train has left the station,” says Dr. Doom.
The BNN producers have quite a sense of humour, actually, trying to interview “Dr. Doom” on Hallowe’en. Asking “how much more scary can the economy get?” etc. Plus you should check out the Hallowe’en costumes:) Who would have expected a Sarah Palin impersonation on BNN?! And Kevin is such a hoot. I really have to wonder how much they rehearse their segments. It’s like Financial Saturday Night Live.
You should also check out SqueezePlay if for no other reason than to hear Kevin O’Leary’s hot picks. I know I’ve already followed up on some of them. O’Leary’s really hot on shipping lately, and I think the case he makes is quite convincing.Related Posts
- Inside the House of Cards - Autopsy of the Crisis
- 50,000 Jobs Cut Today Alone
- 30-Yr Bonds: The Next Big Bubble
- Still A Good Time for Canadians To Purchase US Dollars While The Loonie Is High
- Jim Flaherty's Interview with BNN's Amanda Lang at the Conference of Montreal
- Sunday Roundup: Blogging Tips and Resources
- An Individual Have The Power To Contribute Fresh Content As Frequently As You Like. It Is Possible To Develop Marketing Emails, Capture Internet Pages, Opt-in Documents And Downloads.
- Review Finding Margo by Suzanne O'Leary
- Increase Your Video Marketing Success With These Tips
- Got A Target Market You Really Wanna Pierce? Video Marketing Will Get You There