Here’s another example of inflation. When the coins are worth more for their metal value than they are worth as money. It’s already happened with the US pennies produced from 1909-1982. They’re made of 95% copper and worth 117% more than “one cent.” Check it out here.
Needless to say, pennies made after 1982 have been made with much less actual copper inside them. The US Mint got smart about that! Time to save our precious metals.Related Posts
- What Is the World Reserve Currency?
- List of the Rare Metals and How To Invest in Them
- World's Largest Diversified Mining Companies
- How To Get Ready For Double-Digit Inflation
- Frugal Tips for The Rest of Us - How To Save Money You Barely Have