In this post I’ll give you a summary of some of Canada’s best diamond stocks – including information on Canada’s largest diamond mine and the most active diamond production site in the world.
Canadian Diamond Stocks By Market Cap
Harry Winston Diamond Corp (TSX: HW) $10.25. Harry Winston Diamond Corporation is a fully integrated diamond producer and buyer, owning exploration, mining and retail assets (through its wholly owned subsidiary, Harry Winston Inc., a leading diamond jeweler and watch retailer). Harry Winston is internationally focused, supplying markets worldwide with rough diamonds from its 40% stake in the Diavik Diamond mines in Canada’s Northwest Territories. Market Cap: $785 million. Yield: 0.5%
Mountain Province Diamonds Inc. (TSX: MPV) $2.92. Headquartered in Toronto, Mountain Province Diamonds owns 49% of the assets in the Gahcho Kue diamond project (the other 51% is De Beers Canada) – one of Canada’s best diamond deposits and also the largest diamond mine currently under development worldwide. Gahcho Kue is located on federal land in Canada’s Northwest Territories. They have a 21-year renewable lease, which is considered to be the best in the industry right now. Market Cap: $184.2 million. No yield.
Lucara Diamond Corp (TSXV: LUC) $1.16.* Lucara is Canadian-based but focused on diamond exploration in Lesotho, Africa. They have a portfolio of advanced-stage diamond assets with the goal of becoming a mid-tier African diamond development corporation. They earned their mining license on the Mothae Project in September 2009 and have an expected diamond production schedule of 1000 – 1200 carats per month. Market Cap: approx. $100 million. No yield. *(Very volatile; could become a penny stock easily enough again. Note the listing on the TSXV.)
20 Diamond Penny Stocks
Most of the following companies are listed on the Toronto Ventures Stock Exchange, but don’t get confused: just because a stock trades under a dollar does not mean it is listed on the TSXV, and vice versa: not all TSXV stocks are penny stocks, either.
Archangel Diamond Corp (TSXV: AAD.H) $0.04 – Mines in Russia.
Arctic Star Diamond Corp (TSXV: ADD) $0.04 – Canada’s Northwest Territories.
Big Red Diamond Corp (TSXV: DIA) $0.06 – Mines in Ontario, Canada.
Blue Diamond Mining Corp (TSXV: BDM.H) $0.12 – Mines in Mexico and the U.S.
Brazilian Diamonds Ltd (TSXV: BZD) $0.09 – Headquartered in Vancouver; mines in Brazil.
BRC DiamondCore Ltd. (TSX: BDC) $0.09* Note the listing on the TSX, not the TSXV.
Chalice Diamond Corp (TSXV: COD) $0.04 – Mines in Ontario, Canada.
Diamond Fields International Ltd (TSX: DFI) $0.10 – Marine diamond mining in Namibia.* Note the listing on the TSX, not the TSXV.
Diamond Frank Exploration Inc (TSXV: DOD) $0.08 – Exploration in Quebec.
Diamond Hawk Mining Corp (TSXV: DHD) $0.02 – Exploration in Northwest Territories.
Diamond International Exploration Inc (TSXV: DIX) $0.11 – Yukon, Nunavut, NWT.
Diamonds North Resources Ltd. (TSXV: DDN) $0.32 – Nunavut, NWT.
Diamondex Resources Ltd (TSXV: DSP) $0.03 – Nunavut, NWT, Alberta, Ontario.
Gem International Resources Inc (TSXV: GI) $0.24 – Ontario and Tanzania.
Grizzly Diamonds Inc (TSXV: GZD) $0.44 – BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan.
Hawkeye Gold & Diamond Inc (TSXV: HWO) $0.01 – Diamonds in Nunavut.
Northern Superior Resources Inc (TSXV: SUP) $0.11 – Nunavut, Ontario, Quebec.
Rockwell Diamonds Inc. (TSX: RDI) $0.06* Note the listing on the TSX, not the TSXV.
Sanatana Diamonds Inc. (TSXV: STA) $0.13 – Northern Canada, Mackenzie region.
Shore Gold Inc. (TSX: SGF) $0.79 – Saskatchewan diamond miner, despite its name.
Stornoway Diamond Corp (TSX: SWY) $0.32* Note the listing on the TSX, not the TSXV.
As always, remember that with junior mining stocks, many of these companies are still only in exploration stages, and as such, may not have seen and may not see any profits. Do your own research and know the risks before investing in these or even in ETFs based on junior gold miners.
If you found this article useful, please retweet it on Twitter or give it a stumble on StumbleUpon. I’d also love it if you subscribe to my RSS feed for free tips and posts like this one delivered right to your reader or by email (posts are not for duplication).
- Large-Cap Canadian Energy and Materials Stocks
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Investing in Gold Bullion vs. Gold Stocks vs. Gold ETFs
- Top 20 List of the Biggest Canadian Gold Stocks
- List of Companies in the S&P/TSX Composite Index
- Canada's Top Companies Power-Performers on World Stage, Too